Job Title Technical Architect
Level 4 / 5
Reports to Architecture Director / Technology Partner
DigitasLBi exists to make brands count. We’re a modern, data-inspired agency.
We are the only agency designed to offer clients who seek to transform their marketing, a complete stack of services, from integrated communications, to commerce to CRM and innovation services, across the world, all driven by our data about what really counts for businesses.
Our global workforce of 6,000 includes industry-leading creatives in each region, working with data scientists, technology experts and media specialists to demonstrate what can be achieved when hard data meets imagination.
Our work is designed to make a place for our clients’ brands in the busy lives of the people they want to connect with.
DigitasLBi’s UK Technology department sits firmly at the centre of the agency, with our technologists brought into client engagements from the very beginning. Our engagement models with clients are broad – we work on everything from standalone technical strategy through to full service consultancy, design and delivery to a range of projects. We have a particular focus on digital marketing technology ecosystem, with a strong emphasis on products from Adobe, Oracle, Sitecore, Drupal/Acquia and Salesforce, and commerce (SAP hybris, Oracle), often with complex integrations into client and third-party systems.
Our technology capability is divided into business units, each with its own leadership, supporting the needs of a portfolio of clients or a single client of scale. These teams augment our friendly, expert and collaborative department culture with an individual take on the agency’s ethos. Aligned to the specific needs of the client portfolio. We enhance these teams with a 7,000-strong technology capability in the Publicis.Sapient network, utilizing expertise and scale to create genuinely collaborative, globally distributed project delivery teams.
As a Technical Architect you’ll have proven industry experience in working with web-centric technologies to help build large-scale digital platforms for our blue-chip clients. You will be the technical and design authority responsible for definition, product selection, solution design and planning of our technical projects. You will engage directly with clients to help them make the right decisions and help them implement the best solutions.
- Contribute to the technical sections of sales proposals, create innovative solutions within budgetary constraints and work with our Technology Partners, Technical Directors and Client Services teams to sell the technical vision
- Be the technical design authority on client engagements, demonstrating a deep understanding of the client’s own platforms in addition to those we design
- Develop achievable technical project plans, working with appropriate members of the development and testing functions
- Complete accurate and thorough high-level technical designs and facilitate effective handover to the development team prior to the implementation phase of a project
- Ensure quality assurance concerns are actively managed throughout the project lifecycle
- Work through complicated challenges with development teams, collaborating to find a solution to the problem
- Demonstrate strong presentation and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical colleagues and clients
- Contribute to our cross-agency Technical Architecture and technology community with thought leadership
Skills & Experience
- A thorough, hands on analytical technical approach from project inception to delivery
- A background in Java-platform software architecture and solution design
- Strong communications and presentations skills and comfort in client-facing engagements
- Strong knowledge of API management tools, specifically Apigee
- Knowledge of Lucene-based search solutions highly advantageous
- Current knowledge of web technologies, and modern enterprise architectures, preferably with a strong Java bias
- An innovative approach to technical design, inspired by and constantly updated by the best work out there
- Proven experience of delivering complex content management systems projects
- Proven experience of Adobe Experience Manager 6 would be a highly advantageous
- In-depth design skills with service oriented architectures, API Gateways (REST API’s) and ESBs
- Familiarity with integrating operational systems (including legacy systems) into web tier platforms
- Understanding of e-commerce, search, marketing cloud and data/personalisation spaces, and the ability to quickly get to grips with products and platforms outside your current learning
- An appreciation of single customer view, customer identity and access management technolgies
- A solid understanding and experience of the vendor recommendation/selection process
- Prior successes delivering platforms to a range of infrastructures, including cloud-based platforms with auto-scaling
- Exposure to DevOps technologies like Chef, Puppet, Vagrant or Docker would be advantageous
- Strong knowledge of security, performance and other non-functional application concerns
- A strong grasp of technical delivery processes, the SDLC and a pragmatic approach to Agile
- Technical leadership skills, including the ability to address delivery issues and manage performance issues
- An enthusiastic, solution-oriented approach, and the ability and desire to inspire others
Please note that DigitasLBi is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Number of Position: 1
Salary: Competitive Salary Rate Apply
Closing date: 15th February 2018